Like any other wearing and tearing products, over time you will notice that your dog’s gear will turn to dull and worn. Some dog parents may just throw them out prematurely and buy some new products, even though it needs a little tender loving care to restore its like-new appearance. Below are some tips on cleaning your dog’s gear.
1. Fill a small bucket or sink with lukewarm to hot water. Stir in a small spoonful of baking soda (pet shampoo or hypoallergenic detergent also works) into hot water until it dissolves.
2. Place the harness and leash in the solution and allow it to soak for at least 30 minutes.
3. Use a soft brush, like an old toothbrush, to scrub the harness and leash.
4. Hold the harness and leash under running water to remove the cleaning mixture.
* Some dog’s gear can be machine washed, in this case it is recommended to use a laundry bag before put it in the washing machine.
Air dry. We DO NOT recommend you dry in the dryer.
*If the leash is leather, do not dry near a strong heat source or in direct sunlight, as this may cause the leather to crack.